Saturday, December 04, 2004

Hulchul - My take on the movie

Saw the movie Hulchul on Friday night. Its been a long time since I saw a hindi movie. I think my last one was "Masti". Bottom line - I liked but its not the kinda movie I would like to see again specially not in Regal cinemas on route 1 :-).

The story line is nothing new and follows the same old pattern. Two families that are sworn enemies of each other. Like QSQT the enemity stems from a love affair that went bad and resulted in blood being spilt. The movie revolves around Akshaye khanna and Kareena kapoor who fall in love despite the opposition of their families.

I went to see the movie with a couple of old friends and I had got decent reviews of the movie. In the beginning I was really cursing the people who told me the movie was good. It started out with the same old melodrama. Arshad Waarsi and Paresh Rawal added the much needed spark to the movie.

The first half of the movie was kinda boring though it did have some funny stuff in it. I specially liked the dialogs in the movie. I wish I had a pen and paper so that I could have written them out. :-). The second half of the movie was a different story all together.






All in all the best part of the movie was the wedding scene in the end and the acting of Arshad Waarsi and Paresh Rawal. Though the others also acted their parts out pretty well.



The part that I did not cherish about my movie experience last night was that there was no interval. I can never watch a hindi movie at a strech ...3 hours ... in that cramped seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment