Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Novii.tv / NoviiRemote for Nokia 6600 & 6620

"NoviiRemote for Nokia 6600 & 6620 is a software program that provides a convenient means of controlling your home entertainment devices, such as TVs, VCRs, satellite and cable boxes, right from your Symbian OS smartphone."

This is something that a lazy ass like me can find excellent use for. Stuff I would like to control from my cell phone.
1)The television (changing channels , adjusting volume levels .. the works)
2) DVD player.
3) The temperature of the air conditioner.
4) A robot that fetches snacks from the fridge ...
All this while I relax on my lazy boy. :-).... this would be great.

Needless to say, I believe NoviiRemote is a good concept. The only reason I can think of that would make me think twice before running this app on my phone is the battery drain. They must be using IR port of the phone to send the signal ... and I dont think the IR beam produced by the devices is strong enough to hit the TV when I am lazying around on the couch. They would have to boost it and doing this needs power...lots of power...

Check out the product : NoviiRemote for Nokia 6600 & 6620

No comments:

Post a Comment