Monday, January 22, 2007

Windows Live Search for Mobile

Windows Live Search is available for both Java and windows based devices. The stress seems to be in providing location based data to the user bundled into a neat UI. The search is very powerful, I havent been able to check out Yahoo Go yet but I was blown away by the results from Windows Live search. The maps are awesome ... they really are. I have been a fan of the google maps app but the Windows live search now takes the first spot. This is truely an application that I would love to use regularly.. well not the J2ME version but the windows mobile version.

Tried it out on a windows mobile 5.0 ppc and it works awesome with a verizons connection. Would love to see how the app performs on TMobile's network with a similar phone :). The j2me version is pretty neat but they could have done a much better job with the UI. The Map screen is the best (very similar to google) but the other screens are ... not what I expected from Microsoft.

Try it out for yourself, download the app here: http://wls.live.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey Punit...glad to hear you like it! Definitely keep using it :) , and let us know if you've got any questions or suggestions (you can email us at wlsmbeta at microsoft.com, or me directly--I'm a PM on the team--at sgarrity at microsoft.com). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete